On the other hand, it amazes me how resilient kids are, they just roll with the punches! Tomorrow Chloë is getting a regular cast on (since that's when they can SQUEEZE her in...what's up with that?!) so I took off her splint and gave her a bath. We tried to be very gentle but I wasn't sure if she would try to go for her normal bath-time antics. There was no need to worry, she was very careful with it and if it would get bumped she would knit her eyebrows, say "oh", and point to her leg. I told her that it hurts because it broke. She shrugged her shoulders and said "boke".
The first few days she was grumpy and wanted to be held quite a bit, but it seems she's adjusted to her circumstances pretty well. She acts as if it's completely normal that she suddenly has to kneel to do things she used to stand and do, and that she's back to crawling everywhere just as crawling had become a novelty--something she only did to be funny since she'd become so adept at walking.
4 comments:
Awwww :( I'm so sad that she broke her leg! I bet it's one of those things that hurts you more then it hurts her. On an up note, I can't believe she's talking and (was) walking!!
Yeah, it's crazy how fast they grow and change! On the other hand, I guess it has been a while since you've seen her. :-P
Oh no! How did she break her leg? She is so cute and so grown up!
I'm also surprised that she's talking. How cute, though.
I think I would probably feel mean making my kid sleep in her own bed if she were in pain and being with me comforted her. Sometimes comforting those in need of comfort trumps teaching a skill like sleeping through the night - and that's coming from a mother who has gone through HELL in that area! ;)
(BTW, Rhea CHOSE to take nap yesterday during her quiet time. She just crawled into her bed and went to sleep without any encouragement or suggestion from me. Can we say HALLELUJAH?!)
Post a Comment