Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Few Days In The Life of An Infant

•last week Chloe started laying with her legs straight up in the air

•this week, yesterday for the first time, she used those raised legs to help her flip from back to front...she did it by turning on her side while her legs were raised and then suddenly flipping onto her tummy

•she's only grabbed onto hands, her pacifier, or clothing until today...for the first time today she reached for two different things out of curiosity: my hair and a book I was reading (in both cases she just watched her hand exploring the object of her attention but never grabbed anything...just explored)

•this week she's taken to sucking on one hand while raising the other straight into the air and keeping it there...maybe she's been watching too many super-hero shows with her dad ;)

•tonight I was rocking her to sleep, her face was in the customary nuzzle position-- flat up against my neck-- and her breathing was slow and deep, when suddenly she let out a long, giddy giggle.... I'd really like to know what that dream was about!!!

No comments:

Footer