Look at that big ol' belly!!
- The bassinet is all ready, my mom finished making the bumper pad for it tonight.
- Her bag is packed for the hospital is in the bassinet. It's been packed for a while since she doesn't need to use all the stuff right now. :P
- Mine and Rob's bag just got packed this weekend except for a few things like our camera/charger, etc.
- Going to see my midwife tomorrow and have 3 questions to ask her:
- Do we need to register at the hospital (fill out any paperwork)? because I've heard/read that registering ahead of time is standard but we haven't been asked to do that, or sent anything yet. :-/
- When does Gretchen (our midwife) want us to call her? (ie. when active labor starts, or when we're actually on our way to the hospital, etc.)
- Which pediatricians does she recommend?

8 comments:
We were told to register beforehand, and I think it's nice. Because, once labor starts, you want to think about other things and not paperwork. So, my recommendation is to do it if you can. :)
And, I was also told to call my midwife when I thought I was in labor, and BEFORE heading to the hospital. I think they wanted to check over the phone that it's the real deal, to avoid having me sent back and for them to not come out there unnecessarily.
I'll be curious to see if my stuff matches with what your midwife will say. ;)
SO EXCITING!! I pre-registered with everyone but Brayden and they still asked all the annoying questions when I got there. With Brayden the questions were minimal though since I was in active labor and begging for the tub. It can't hurt, but it might not help. ;)
I was told to call when contractions were 5 minutes apart for an hour getting "longer, stronger, and closer together" OR when my water broke. But if my water ever broke again like it did with Grant's before labor, I would lie. You're put on the clock as soon as it breaks. ;)
I don't have 2¢ for #3
I am assuming my mom will be in charge of letting us know when you're in labor??
I am so excited for you!!! I can't believe the time is almost here.
I registered ahead of time and I called the hospital when my contractions were three minutes apart and telling them I was on my way. Good luck. Can't wait to hear the news.
That is a big belly! Can't wait to get the word that she's on the way, and I especially can't wait to see her - even if it is in pictures.
Have you got your scarf yet?
How did the appt go?
The appt went well, and so did the next one. :P I had about the same dilation and effacement but on my last appt (Dec 21) my uterus was measuring 1 cm smaller which means she's most likely dropped. :)
It turns out I did need to register at the hospital...they could've told me that. :P So I did it that day.
And my midwife told me that we could call her anytime we needed to but that she didn't need us to call her till we were getting to the hospital.
She gave me some recommendations for some ped.s but we haven't found one yet. :/ What happens if you give birth without having a ped? :/
Yay for droppage! They won't let u take her home without a pedi. Just kidding, the on-call pedi will take care of her. It's no biggie, we didn't have a pedi for grant.
Post a Comment