My kids continually amaze me in the things that they know or can do!!
BR wrote a really cute poem the other day for school and I asked him if I could post it and he said I could...
I am
By BR
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I wonder about how phoenixes and dragons are born.
I hear the thrust of jet engines.
I see a jet zoom by.
I want the best family in the world.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I pretend to be a Thunderbird.
I feel creativity in my mind.
I touch the wonder of imagination.
I worry about my parents’ love for each other.*
I cry when I lose someone I love.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I understand when my dad gives me advice.
I say what I have to say.
I dream of adventure.
I try to improve my efforts.
I hope I can live with my family forever.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
*This line made me worry and wonder so I asked him about it and he told me that he worries about whether we love each other when we have a disagreement or an argument. :'( We realized that we need to be more demonstrative about our resolutions and makeups, and that the shocking part of the disagreement is what really stands out in their minds and memories.
P.S. There's more to come about my kids but that's all I have time for today. :)
BR wrote a really cute poem the other day for school and I asked him if I could post it and he said I could...
I am
By BR
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I wonder about how phoenixes and dragons are born.
I hear the thrust of jet engines.
I see a jet zoom by.
I want the best family in the world.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I pretend to be a Thunderbird.
I feel creativity in my mind.
I touch the wonder of imagination.
I worry about my parents’ love for each other.*
I cry when I lose someone I love.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
I understand when my dad gives me advice.
I say what I have to say.
I dream of adventure.
I try to improve my efforts.
I hope I can live with my family forever.
I am a wonderer seeking to build something new.
*This line made me worry and wonder so I asked him about it and he told me that he worries about whether we love each other when we have a disagreement or an argument. :'( We realized that we need to be more demonstrative about our resolutions and makeups, and that the shocking part of the disagreement is what really stands out in their minds and memories.
P.S. There's more to come about my kids but that's all I have time for today. :)
6 comments:
wow. That's a really cool poem. The part about you guys (arguing) almost made me tear up, and made me determined to watch out for those things. It's true though that kids are really sensitive to those things. I remember a time when we were traveling in the US as a family. My parents got into an argument because my dad didn't stop somewhere my mom wanted to stop or something like that. My younger sister eventually was crying asking them if this now meant they'd get a divorce.
That poem is VERY good. And I know what I'm talking about ;P How much scaffolding did he get during the writing process?
Way to go, Ben! Very good. (Even if I dont know what I'm talking about.)
Paws-the first few words were written out for him on each line but I loved how insightful he was at filling them in. :)
Yes, quite!
Great Post!
And I like your new look!
Post a Comment