Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another Petition To All You Creative People I Know!!

We had our Home study on Saturday for the adoption!! It turned out well and we're so relieved to have it over with!! GM had an interview with our caseworker yesterday and she said we'd be approved by the end of the month!!! I have a good feeling about this, and feel like she's out there somewhere and she'll find us!

We've been working on our website for birth mothers to view once we're approved and it's almost done:
  • we uploaded 26 pictures of us as a family, us as a couple, and us individually with our kids
  • we answered a ton of questions about our favorites and all that
  • we wrote our letter to the birth parents (a LONG time ago) :P

and so now our last step is to write a teaser that will entice birth mothers/fathers to choose to open our profile and look at us amongst the vast sea of potentials!

We have ~200 characters to grab their attention and invite them to see more....

below are a few examples of real life teasers:

  • Two Angels have delivered to us gifts from God. Could our third angel be you?
  • "Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression." Haim Ginott
  • **** "Where there is great love there are miracles." We are a fun family of 4 waiting for our miracle. Click on us to find out more and visit us at www.earlandkatie.blogspot.com*****

The profiles are on this website.

HELP!! :)

13 comments:

Serin said...

Yay!! All so exciting! I'll think about a teaser for you

Franziska Patterson said...

oohhh tough stuff. You should give Cindy Brewer a call. They just adopted, plus she's a professor - she should know about attention grabbing titles and all. I'm sure she'd have some good ideas!

Wayne said...

How about, "DO NOT OPEN THIS PROFILE." Reverse psychology works every time :)

Rob said...

I was thinking we that we could say "two boys and two girls...we need to break the tie."

paws said...

Wow! I just got all tingly. I didn't know you were so close.

That's cute, Bang!
Funny, Wayne.

Hmm...Let me think on it.

Jan said...

All seriousness aside, I reviewed the tag lines on the web site you linked to and was almost mostly completely unimpressed. I tried to put myself in the position of a mother who had to give up her child. I would want it to go to the best family possible. I wouldn
t care how much the family wants a baby or how happy it'll make them. I wouldn't care if their pet, son, or daughter needs a playmate. I would want to chose the best family. Most of the statements I read wouldn't have helped me make that decision.

paws said...

That's a *very* good point, Dad, and begs the question, "What *would* help you decide who was the best family?

paws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paws said...

Also, how do I do italics in the comment window? Anyone? Anyone?

Romi said...

Yeah, Jan, I was wondering the same thing...

Ambrosia said...

Your Baby deserves endless Love...We will. Your Baby deserves endless Support...We will. Your baby deserves endless Happiness...with us they will.


Misty, I hope you know how much I care for you and what you are trying to do. Ive wished so many times that life would go easier for you. But that said, I don't know many people that would handle everything with more pose and grace as you.
The thought above is just what came in my head when I read your blog so hope it gives you some ideas. Love you!

Ambrosia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Bingham said...

I had no idea that you were going to adopt...I will pray for you that everything works out!!! I love ya...

Footer