Thursday, March 6, 2008

A STARFISH?!?!

Ashley's post reminded me of a story about BR...

One day BR came home from a school shindig with a ziploc baggie filled with water and a starfish was in it!! He told me that he "bought" it at the trading post. He said the Post had had two starfish for sale, one sting ray, and a bunch of candy and pop. He told me that he didn't want to choose junk food so he bought the star fish. Well, junk food or no, I thought it was so cool that he'd gotten to "buy" a real star fish at school! So on the drive home I just couldn't stop thinking about the star fish and how neat it was, but what were we going to do with it, where would we put it, and how in the world were we going to keep it alive???

As I was hashing through these thoughts again and again, (every once in a while thinking about what a wonderful pet it will make, no noise, no hair, no licking your face or climbing on the counter....) BR piped up and (either out of boredom that he'd pulled it off so well, or guilt that he'd fooled his poor mother so completely) he spilled the beans that it was a fake. I was floored!! He'd never been able to fool me so well! (I was also a teensy bit disappointed...a star fish would have been way cool...for some reason. Although like Ashley, I have great doubt in my ability to keep anything (plant or animal) alive.)

The funny thing is that he had it in a baggie of water to help it grow (seeing as it was really one of those incredible water-activated growing toys), but this fact just happened to really aid in the illusion of it being REAL. :P

7 comments:

Serin said...

LOL That's great!

Wayne said...

LOL!

sassley said...

Okay that is really funny. I love that he thought to trick you and it's even better that you fell for it. I have to agree that I think a starfish would make a great pet. Maybe your on to something there.

Paula said...

LOL. Was he really trying to fool you - or did you just assume it was real?

Justin and Diana said...

What a cute story!

Romi said...

He was really trying to trick me (and MC...who fell for it too) :) but I don't think that having it in the baggie of water would help his case so well. :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I think it's funny that you were a little disappointed to find out it wasn't real. LOL!!

Footer