Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to MC

Today was MC's birthday (as most of you know). :)

As I was fixing her hair this morning before school, we were talking about her birthday and she mentioned that her friend's mom went to school on her birthday and ate lunch with her. I noted the hopeful look on her face and decided to try to make it to her school after my doctor appointment. I got out a few minutes after 12 noon and called the school about the lunch times...I'd already missed her lunch completely. :/ I wanted to do something for her though and I remembered my mom bringing me things like flowers or balloons a few times when I was in school and it always made me feel so special and loved. So I went to a florist near their school and got her a pink gerber daisy that they wrapped up all pretty and put a bow on it and I took it over to her at school.

At the school they called her down to the office and I gave her the flower. I told her that I'd tried to make it to lunch but the doctor had taken too long. She told me that the flower was good too. :p

After school she went shopping with Grandma P for her birthday while BR and I went and did some shopping for dinner (and BR wanted to buy her a little gift with the money he had left over from saving for gifts for his cousin Alex's birthday...he told me he had 8 dollars and 40 cents...). :) MC and Grandma went to Justice Girls and she picked out a journal that locks with a feather topped pen. (That girl loves journals more than any girl I know!)

Then the kids watched a movie with their dad, (my lovely "Gorgemous Maximus") ;) while Grandma and I made dinner and Grandpa worked in the basement.

We had a berry cobbler for dessert and sang to MC and then sent her through a "spankin' machine" (crawl between our legs while we all try to get a spat...we used to do this in my elementary school!! I imagine nowadays the teacher would probably get sued for allowing that!). Unfortunately for her, but to the amusement of the rest of us, the last person for her to try and quickly crawl past was grandpa and he was standing right in front of his recliner. So MC was trying doggedly to crawl through the recliner while Grandpa stood there giving her birthday spankings.

Just before bed, and after enjoying dessert, MC and I worked on her birthday party invitations. It's going to be on Friday night at my sister's basement salon. We're going to have several stations set up to do their hair, make-up, and nails and my sister that's into photography is going to do glam shots for them which we'll get printed for them. And we'll send them home with their pictures, as well as some hair and makeup favors.

I'm just not sure on the food thing. Besides cake and ice cream, I just don't know what would "go" but not be too labor intensive.

P.S. Thanks Paula for giving me all the ideas! And thanks in advance to all my sisters for helping do it...if any of you ever come read my blog. ;P

9 comments:

Justin and Diana said...

That sounds like a GREAT birthday party. If I was 7 I would love to go...wait I'm almost 32 and I would still love to go! And that gives me an idea for my birthday party:) I hope and know you will post pictures after the big event! Happy Birthday MC!

Serin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serin said...

LOL I agree with Diana, I want a salon day for my birthday! I'm thinking that some sort of finger foods/appetizers would be good to eat...

Happy Birthday to MC!

Paula said...

Did Ben ever give MC her gift?

paws said...

Ashley's always good at coming up with cool refreshments. I defer to her.

Romi said...

ooo la la- We totally forgot about Ben's gift in the midst of all the invitation making and movie!! As well as the necklace and pj's that I have. :P Oh well, that just extends the celebrating that much more! :)

Romi said...

We'll be sure to take lots of pictures to post...I'm thinking of doing my "photo" assignment that night. :O Is that cheating? :)

sassley said...

Okay here are some food ideas. Kids seem to like simple foods and anything they can dip.

cheesy pretzel dippers: just cubed cheese with a pretzel stick stuck in it. Buy honey mustard for them to dip it in.

Fruit kabobs: watermelon,pineapple,strawberries,
bananas all skewered on sticks. Dip in yogurt or pudding or I have a yummy marshmellow fruit dip recipe if you want it.

veggies and dip hummus would be good too.

jello parfaits- sugar free jello cubes make several different flavors layered in clear cups. Refreshing and pretty.

popcorn-you can buy smartfood(found in the chip aisle)it's white cheddar flavored and it is so yummy. Put it in cute bags and let the girls munch on it while they get their hair done.
All of these foods should be very easy to do and can be made days in advance. What a fun party idea. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I agree. That party sounds like a blast. I want a salon party!!!

Footer