Today ML, since it was a holiday and we like to spend them together doing something, asked me what I'd like to do. I told him what I usually do on Mondays (which is plan meals, shop, and laundry...very exciting for a holiday!!) and he told me he'd love to help me!! (Ahhh, sweet!) I was ecstatic! He started on laundry while I did breakfast. Then he asks me if I'd like to go to one of my favorite furniture stores and look around for a while. I looked at him with incredulity written all over my face because I was sure that wasn't how he wanted to spend his day; in fact it was probably the last thing he'd choose to do on a holiday. Confused, I hesitantly agreed and then, quickly warming up to the idea (I'm always excited to go look at furniture and deco stuff, why look a gift horse in the mouth, right?), I agreed again with eagerness. Then, after a brief moments pause, a sheepish look came over his face and he said, "And while you're looking around I'd like to run over to the nearby comic book store" (there was a drawing book he wanted to check out). :) Suddenly it all came clear and we joked about the method to his madness. So then, as we were preparing to head out, (thinking only of his earlier madness and forgetting about the method behind it), I asked him if we could stop by another of my favorite digs, "Gardner Village", to find some cute hooks for our bathroom and closet. He replied, "Only if we can go to the comic book store first." I smiled in return, knowing that he'd be happy as pie to go to Gardner Village if he can sit in the car with his books the whole time. And at last, everything is back to status quo at our house.
*I'd like to note, however, that he ended up walking around Gardner Village with me and when we stopped in the shelf shop (called "Upon the Shelf"), he's the one who wanted and decided to buy a cute shelf with pegs for our mud/laundry room. (Again, who was I to look a gift horse in the mouth?) :P
4 comments:
LOL You can't take the little boy out of that man! ;)
My rule is that I never go shopping with Wayne. He likes it that way too so if he suggested we hit the flea markets together I would have to take his temperature.
Romi - We need your pictures!
News?
Post a Comment