When we first found out that I am prego again, we hadn't decided when to tell the kids so we were keeping it kind of hush hush.
Well, one night, we were with our kids, driving home from a family party, I believe, and Rob says, "That means there are 4 Dalton girls pregnant at the same time!" Molly, the ever keen one, pipes up with "FOUR?? Julie, Monica, Maria...who else?" So Rob quickly back pedals and claims to have miscounted. That seems to mollify Molly for the moment and the subject is dropped.
A few minutes later, after arriving home, with Molly playing on the floor and Ben sitting on the couch with a book, my husband again mentions something about being pregnant. Molly once again snatches onto Rob's little slip quicker than lightning and says, "Wait, pregnant...are YOU??!?" I acquiesce because it seems theres no getting around telling them at this point. Molly proceeds to get all giddy and animatedly proclaims, many times, how excited she is about the new baby.
The next day Molly is still full of excitement and rubs my tummy several times and asks questions about the baby. At lunch time she, Ben and I sit down for a blessing which Molly offers and petitions a blessing on the new baby. After the prayer is over Ben lifts his head and asks, "Are you pregnant??" In response to his question, I laugh and say, "You are SO your father's son!" To which he exclaims, "So, wait, DAD doesn't know?!"
6 comments:
I didn't know you were pregnant again Misty! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. When are you due?
This is too funny! Yes, Rob was always in his own little world when he was reading, especially. So funny.
That is too funny! lol I hope everything is going well, we need more updates and belly pics!!
That's funny!
Hilarious!
Bwa ha ha ha! Congrats you guys and gals!
Post a Comment