Sunday, August 8, 2010

So Much to Catch Up On....Where Oh Where Do I Start???

Before I forget I need to document some milestones that Chloe has reached. (I know I'm really the main one interested in these little details) :)

  • Chloe sat up on her own for the first time on July 14th while she and I were at the pool watching the kids swim. She just suddenly figured it out and has gotten better and better at it ever since.

  • Chloe began standing up (with help of course) around the 29th of July. Before that if you tried to get her to stand up she'd just let her legs buckle under her. She didn't start by standing straight up though. When she first started standing she'd stand with her legs straight but she'd bend at the waist as if she were taking a bow. After a few days of standing like that she started to straighten up and now, more than a week later, she's standing like a pro.
  • Chloe also began shaking her head back and forth around the 29th of July. We're pretty sure she doesn't know what it means but we have fun with it, asking her questions and waiting to see if she shakes her head or not.
  • Around 4 August 2010 Chloe started waving but it was a funny circuitous wave, sometimes making beckoning motions, sometimes waving her hand in circles, and sometimes actually waving her hand up and down. The past few days she's actually figured out how to wave up and down on cue....when she wants to. :)
  • The past two days Chloe has been holding up her index finger while holding the rest of her fingers down with her thumb as if she's giving somebody "the what for" or telling us that she's going to be one year old.
  • Today Grandpa Jan was holding Chloe at church and she bit his finger, the pain of which led him to discover that she's recently cut her first tooth. (A few days ago she started pulling at her ear so it probably started cutting through her gums at that time).

3 comments:

paws said...

I have that gigantic box of clothes all ready for you, but when we went to mail it on Saturday the line was too long. :( Hopefully Dan can get it out tomorrow.

Serin said...

Sounds like she's ready for some baby signs! Congrats on the first tooth!

Romi said...

paws: Ugh! Those darn long lines at the post office are the pits!! I wouldn't have waited either!!!

serin: Yeah it does. I've given a half-hearted attempt at some signs but I need to do it consistently now!

Footer