Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Milestones

This week Chloe has achieved quite a few milestones:

• she started putting herself to sleep...it's funny because I feel like Chloe is training me rather than I training her! I've read that you should teach your child to put herself to sleep so that she won't be dependant on you to help her get back to sleep in case she gets woken up. I thought, "yeah, right!! easier said than done!" I had no idea how to accomplish that so I just continued trying to do it the way we've always done: rocking, shushing, coddling, etc. Well, it stopped working for the most part now!! She just wants to lay down and moan/chatter herself to sleep. :-P

• Chloe has discovered the joy of sucking on her toes!

• she has found her thumb! She still likes other fingers, and occasionally multiples. But she seems to be developing a definite preference for the good ol' thumb.

• yesterday Chloe rolled from her tummy onto her back for the first time and several times, although it still seems to be a surprise to her every time it happens so she can't exactly replicate that action at will.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

How fun!

Serin said...

I LOVE when they learn how to self-soothe without being forced too. It's like they know what they need or something. ;)

Footer