We decided this month that she'd met the requirements we had set out for her so we promised that Presidents' Day was THE DAY. :)
On the way there we warned her that it was going to hurt a bit. She wanted me to show her how much. lol I told her she was just going to have to wait and see. She said she'd be brave.
We went to my brother-in-law's (Cassidy) family jewelry shop. Cassidy's dad owns the shop and always does the ear piercing (although they told us if you ask for anything but ear lobes they tell you to go to the piercing pagoda or some place like that) :P and Cassidy is just fine with his dad keeping that job to himself but Molly said she wanted Cassidy to do it. We asked her if she wanted to be his "guinea pig" and she nodded. He told her that he was probably more nervous than she, and still she remained undaunted....she wanted Uncle Cassidy to be the one to pierce her ears.
They had a few different choices of studs for her to pick from:
- gold balls
- round cubic zirconiums....cubic zirconias....fake diamonds :)
- princess cut....fake diamonds
- round pink ones (those fake diamond things I can't spell)
- pearls
She chose the pearls.
She was very brave, she didn't cry until we asked her if it hurt and if she was okay. Then she started crying. :P

She told us that the second ear didn't really hurt. 


She really likes looking at them and says she looks really pretty with them on. :)
She had to tell all her grandparents about it today.

(All the previous crappy pictures are courtesy of Rob's iphone (good color ones) and my cheap-o phone (washed out ones)....but guess what, my sweet honey got me a new camera today, and he even took me to two Costco-s so that I could get the pink one...who's the little girl here?) :P
The following pictures are from the new *pink* camera! ;)


She told one of her grandmas tonight on the phone that she can't even tell that the earrings are in now and that sometimes she forgets that her ears are pierced. ;)
I guess it's more of a "Ruby Red"....according to the website.... :)
5 comments:
Congrats to Molly! I totally had to laugh that You held out for the pink camera - we'll always be little girls at heart!
Who exactly is that grown up girl...it can't be Molly, she looks so big in those pictures!
I don't think pearls were an option back when I got my ears pierced. They're very cute, and so is Molly!
Serin- I agree :D
Diana- I know!!! I was thinking the same thing even tho I see her every single day!!!
Paws- She is very cute-- with and without the earings. :)
We all had to wait until we were 18 to pierce our ears :(. I think she looks very cute - the pearls are very "Molly".
Post a Comment