Friday, December 18, 2009

Ben's First Time To Attend the Temple

Ben got to go do baptisms at the temple for his very first time last month on November 28!! Rob and I went with him to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and it was a day I've long looked forward to and it didn't disappoint! It actually turned out to be much more meaningful than I had ever imagined it would be!

We went on a Saturday while Rob's parents were working their Saturday shift. We thought it would be really cool if his dad was working his shift in the baptistry when we were there but we didn't anticipate that actually happening. When we got there, we asked if Ben could do baptisms, if I could watch, and if Rob could help, they said certainly. There were several groups ahead of us so we spent a while waiting for our turn, 45 minutes to an hour. It didn't seem long though, it was a really peaceful, serene time for the three of us to sit together, thinking, pondering and quietly talking about the significance and symbolism of baptism and the temple. At one point I was thinking about how happy I was to be there in the temple sitting between two of my favorite men and I think Ben was touched by the same spirit because he put his arm around my shoulders and said some really sweet things to me. After that I just couldn't stop the tears!! It was such a happy day, Ben was a little perplexed by my tears until I told him that they were tears of happiness. :)

When it was our turn for Ben to do baptisms, we were pleasantly surprised to see Rob's dad, Ben's grandpa, working in the baptistry!! Rob got to baptize Ben and I got to hand them towels when they got out. :)

Ben told me that he thought we should go to the temple every Saturday. He's such a special kid!!

2 comments:

Serin said...

That's awesome, I can't believe he's old enough to do baptisms!!

Marianne said...

Wow. What a special occasion. Post some pics of baby when you can. Hope everyone is well!

Footer