Summer Vacation!!
Although I always mean to blog/document the activities that we do, I rarely do. And I'll never catch up if I try to go back and recap even the ones that I was diligent enough to get document digitally, so....I've decided to condense the whole summer into one post and just touch on some highlights:
June:
We went to an amusement park called Boondocks. Ben, Molly and cousin Cambria spent several hours riding rides and playing video games. Thanks Grandma Paula for the fun Christmas Present!!

We had our annual Dalton Family Reunion at East Canyon. As always swimming was a main activity, they just can't get enough. :)


Ben, Molly, Grandma Paula and I went to the Gateway Mall. The kids enjoyed some time at the Children's Museum there and then we stopped and let them play in the water feature at the mall. Ben enjoyed it, and played in the water quite a bit more than Molly. :P





Ben and Molly got to dress up as pioneers and go to This Is The Place Heritage Park and experience a day in the life of a pioneer. (Their cousins Emily, Alex, Cambria and Aunt April were volunteers all summer. They invited them to come along one Friday).

July:
We had a Dalton Family Summer Party. One of the games was bobbing for apples, after which the kids got to put their face into a bowl of powdered sugar to hunt for m&m's...eeew...sounds like a germ pool to me. :)


We went to the Children's Museum at the Gateway Mall with cousins, Dalton and Lindy.


August:
August 10 was Corporate Olympics again, and Rob participated in the Rifle shooting event again. The kids always like to go watch, but this time I watched from a distance so little "Gunnar" wouldn't be bothered by the loud noise.


We spent many days at the beach this summer, but this particular day there were sink holes in the sand that the kids just spent hours in and got really nice and dirty...blech. :) My sister April and her kids were with us at the beach that day.


We toured the Kennecot Copper Mine which happens to be one of the only man-made structures you can see from outer space. Ben was particularly fascinated by this experience and has added a few careers to his list that he'd like to be when he grows up: a mining engineer and a driver of the mega huge dump trucks. My sister Julie and her kids: Dalton and Lindy went with us on this trip.



We went to the Ancient Life Museum at Thanksgiving Point. We went on 2$ Tuesday to save a few bucks and we brought Ben and Molly's cousins: Lindy and Dalton with us. I don't know if the money we saved was worth it...it was a madhouse!! But the kids said they had fun, so I guess that's the important thing. :P



September:
September 15 was our deadline from the HOA to have our yard finished, Ben and Molly spent several hours helping in this endeavor.




No comments:
Post a Comment