Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Few Tidbits

  • I had swelling in my legs and feet yesterday, is that normal?
  • I had a charlie horse last night when I was sleeping, is that normal? :-/
  • I had a dream that I went and had little Sweet Pea and then brought her home but I wasn't ready for her (no crib or bassinet or anywhere to lay her) so I laid her on my bed. But then I was so incredibly tired that I couldn't keep my eyes open to take care of her and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was frantically searching for her and finally found her lost in the mountains of pillows that I sleep with. She was under all of them, as well a small upturned box. :( I felt so bad that I'd lost her.
  • I'm almost to my 3rd trimester!!! Hurray! :)
  • My next OB appointment is Monday

12 comments:

paws said...

LOL. All very normal, including the wacky dreams.

I have plans to make some super cute little hats for this little girl! Unlike Rhea, she'll actually need them!

Romi said...

Yay!! I can't wait! For the little girl or the super cute little hats ala Peggy!! :)

Serin said...

those charlie horses HURT! Don't point your toes! I can't believe you are almost to the third tri! I had my friend send my newborn diapers straight to you, let me know when you get them!

Romi said...

K! Thanks Serin! I think I'll need another tutorial. :)

Franziska Patterson said...

Huh, what's a charlie horse? A leg cramp? Leg cramps are normal, I guess...so is swelling, and weird dreams. Actually, I kept having weird dreams like yours after Sophia was born. I'd wake up freaking out because I'd dream that she was in bed with us and suffocating under a pillow or in our blankets. The weird thing about that is that she never even slept in our bed, not even now. I think I was so tired at night at some point everything became really blury.

anyway, it's all so exciting. I can't wait for the appearance of little RoMi sweet pea.

Franziska Patterson said...

Oh, for leg swelling, I keep telling people this because it totally worked for me, but whatever...I got bad swelling, but it went away for the rest of my pregnancy when I made a real effort to drink 3 liters of water or more in a day, and to put my feet up for at least an hour (and with up I mean UP, like 45 degree angel at least!).

Rob said...

Thanks Franzi, that is one of my problems, I really try but usually fall short in drinking enough water. :/

Rob said...

Oops...that last comment is from Misty not Rob (Bang!) :P

The Daltons said...

I have found that if I don't take a Cal/Mag/Potassium (especially the Potassium) every single night, then I will get a charlie horse. But so far, every night I remember to take my precious minerals, I don't get any, so try that if you're not already. Just take them right before you go to bed. :)

Romi said...

Thanks Mel!!

Allison said...

oh, I get the WORST charlie horses when I'm pregnant. I always get them at night too. They are horrible. I agree with the post above - my Dr. told me to get lots of potassium too. And when you get them, try as hard as you can to relax during them. It makes it stop fasting (although it's nearly impossible to relax). Afterward I have my husband massage my leg too, and it helps the pain go away.

With the leg swelling - I had it the worst with my first baby. With my second, I forced myself to stop at least 3 times each day and put my feet up. It helped a lot and my legs didn't swell nearly as badly with the second pregnancy.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you

Allison said...

oh, I get the WORST charlie horses when I'm pregnant. I always get them at night too. They are horrible. I agree with the post above - my Dr. told me to get lots of potassium too. And when you get them, try as hard as you can to relax during them. It makes it stop fasting (although it's nearly impossible to relax). Afterward I have my husband massage my leg too, and it helps the pain go away.

With the leg swelling - I had it the worst with my first baby. With my second, I forced myself to stop at least 3 times each day and put my feet up. It helped a lot and my legs didn't swell nearly as badly with the second pregnancy.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you

Footer