
Last night I really needed to go out. Maybe it was the cleaning all day (and coming home to my own house not being clean AND no dinner on the table)... So my sweet husband fed the kids dinner and then we told them that they could watch a movie while we were out if they promised to turn it off at 8:30 and go to bed since it was a school night. They promised whole-heartedly. (Of course!)
We went to a sushi place and had a great time talking, relaxing and eating California rolls, tempura, and teriyaki chicken. After we ate we walked over to the movie theater to see if there was a movie we wanted to see. We were 10 minutes late for the one that Rob liked so we decided to wait for the next showing in about 45 minutes. Since we live 5 minutes from the theater we decided to go home and check on the kids while we waited.
We got home a little before their 'bedtime' so we decided to prowl around the house and peek in the windows to see what they would do at 8:30. They were both engrossed in the show (you can hardly blame them... I don't watch the clock when I'm watching a show). :P Rob kept joking about pounding on the windows or door to freak them out but we decided that it wouldn't be very nice so instead we decided to just ring the doorbell and see what they did. (We've had a hard time drilling into them that they DON'T OPEN THE DOOR while we're gone.) We also decided that of course they'd open the door if they saw it was us so Rob pressed the door bell and squeezed himself against the wall, out of sight of the window or peep hole. (I was hiding around the other corner on the porch.) Nothing happened so he pressed it again. Again nothing. He proceeded to press it several times in succession during which I looked out to the street and realized, "Shoot!! So much for hiding...our car is right in front of the house!!" A few seconds later we heard the slow creak of the front door inching open and saw "The Avatar" (or BR) peek through. Rob and I laughed, yelling, "BUSTED!" but in the end we weren't sure if it was they who were busted or us. :)
3 comments:
CTM. I can't imagine ever being at the point where we can leave Rhea by herself at home. I guess it's true: It won't always be like this.
I love the picture of that kitten. So cute!!
I loved the cat photo!
Post a Comment