Friday, September 5, 2008

The Book Thief

The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I thought this book was fascinating!!



I marvel at Markus Zusak's writing style and vivid use of words in extraordinary ways. I like that it gave the perspective of Germans in the midst of all the happenings of WWII and how it affected them (as he conveyed in very real and personal ways). I appreciate the ways in which Zusak made hard circumstances a bit lighter with his sometimes "dark" humor. I was drawn in by the cleverly written perspective of the the narrator, death, and the outside perspective of the human race.



It was one of the best books I've read in a long time! It moved me very much!!

6 comments:

Jan said...

I think you could be a professional book reviewer! You should send it to the author.

Paula said...

Jan - I agree!

Allison said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking for a new book to start reading! From your review, this one sounds really interesting!

Justin and Diana said...

You totally made me want to read this book!

Franziska Patterson said...

I really enjoyed this book, too, even though the writing style actually threw me off at first. However, I like the story he created, and especially how it focused on the suffering of Germans during WWII. It's not something I had ever really thought about or read about (in school we just focused on what horrible things we did to others, and not how we were affected as well). It really touched me.

Great read. I'm glad you liked it so much.

Paula said...

It's been over a month!
Is it time for a new post yet! :)

Footer