Saturday was about the hottest day we had all year and we celebrated by working out in the heat!! :P We had our fun first though.
In the morning GM and I went down the street to an open house of a new model home village they opened over the weekend in our neighborhood. They made a big deal out of it by having free food being cooked in many of the homes (by local restaurants), prize drawings, cupcake decorating, a few live bands, and free movie tickets to see WALL-E for the whole family. We had fun looking through the homes for a while (while our kids stayed home and played wii) then we picked up our kids, grabbed some lunch and went down to the theater to see the movie. We all loved it. BR can't stop laughing about WALL-E picking up the bra and covering his eyes with it and then making some exclamation. :)
After the movie we came home, and in honor of the hottest part of the day, we decided to weed our yard and work in our garage and the loft above it. (I think it was hotter in the loft than it was outside!! It felt like a sauna up there. :P) Despite the heat we were able to get all the weeds pulled, the loft organized and some things taken care of in the garage and loft. After that, GM took a little break and then went to the loft to clean his guns (he got most of them done but it's so stinkin' hot up there he almost passed out...in spite of the window air conditioner we put up there) while I did some organizing in the house. We really got a lot accomplished and I felt super (I love that sort of thing, minus the heat).
For dinner I decided to make breakfast and BR offered me his services. He's really turning into quite a good little cook! He made waffles and I made an omelet. (The other night he made spaghetti and spaghetti sauce from scratch with minimal help from me!! Sunday night he and I made fajitas together, but he helped tremendously, he ran the salad shooter himself until we both broke down in tears from the onions.)
2 comments:
I really need to let Grant help me more so that one day he can take over dinner duties. :p
Glad you got a lot done despite the heat!
Ugh. Heat. It kills me.
Sounds like you have a good helper!
Post a Comment