Monday, June 23, 2008

Starting Off Our Summer With A *Bang*

Wow! Our first official week of summer vacation was action packed!!

Monday: Wii, Swimming and parks with cousins
Tuesday: Wii, Swimming, Water-guns and Slip-n-slide with cousins
Wednesday: Wii, Swimming, Water-guns and Slip-n-slide with cousins
Thursday: Picnic in the mountains, playing at the park, watching the Manti pageant and camping (all with cousins)
Friday: Hiking to a waterfall, picnicing and playing at/in the waterfall, Wii, decorating bikes and riding/walking in the Bluffdale City Parade (my sister's city), park,
movie and sleep-over with cousins
Saturday: Wii, playing at park, building big sand projects, dinner and a movie at cousins while watching their city *fireworks* from their backyard!! And the moment we've all been looking forward to all week....Daddy came home!!!
Sunday: Church/primary with cousins and watching their family speak in sacrament meeting, playing games as a family, mom and dad taking a long needed nap (actually early bedtime...7 pm!!) while BR and MC play until they finally just put themselves to bed because their parents slept right through bedtime!! :O Ooops!

Unfortunately GM took my camera to NY with him and I didn't think of using my camera on my phone until SATURDAY! :(

So here was their sand project on Saturday. It was at the Bluffdale City Fair and the kids got this idea to build viaducts and rivers down the "mountain" of sand with a dam at the bottom. They were yelling at each other with important voices like "more water" or "build up the walls, they're caving in". Lots of kids were attracted to the project and came to ask if they could help. To which my kids/neices/nephew would respond in important voices "yes! go get water!" :) It was quite entertaining to sit in the middle of it all watching, taking pictures, and getting sunburned (as usual). :P


6 comments:

paws said...

My nifty little blogroll failed me! I didn't know about this post until I manually checked your blog. The nerve...

Sounds like you're having a grand ol' time!

Paula said...

This story reminds me of the famous "hot tub" on the beach in Hawaii! I'm sure you've heard it many times!

Paula said...

ps Where were you when all of this took place?!

Paula said...

ps Where were you when all of this took place?!

Romi said...

I was there in the thick of things for all of the activities except for the picnic and park on Thursday (that's the only time I wasn't with my kids...and other kids...this week)! :)

Romi said...

Oops, I meant last week. (However it's the same this week.) :)

Footer