Monday, June 16, 2008

Let The Vacations Begin

There seems to be lots of things to do in the summer time, and lots of fun to be had.

My kids and I have gone to the park the past few days. (We have so many amazing parks within walking distance of our house. One we went to tonight has built in skate boards attached to a curved rail and you hold onto some handrails to swing back and forth on the skate boards. Another one we went to tonight has some spinners that you stand in and they spin just by the physics of leaning slightly forward or backward...they go a bit too fast for me to like them, but BR loves them!!) :P MC and BR also played in a kiddie pool at my sister's house with her kids for a few hours today. They are just so excited about summer vacation....sleeping in, more wii, more fun activities (we're planning on doing "Fun Fridays" with cousins every week), more free time, and more vacations!! (Plus no homework! I think I'm about as excited about that as they are!!) :)

So the first vacation this summer was to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Denver for Memorial Day Weekend. Then the first week of June we went on my family's annual trip to East Canyon. (It's just a short 30/45 minute drive from SLC). We all wish we could be in NY with "Daddy" this week...but no such luck. :P The ones we are still looking forward to are the Family Reunion in Nauvoo and hopefully a camping trip to Moab. I plan to post vacation reports and pictures of all...now to catch up on blogging the ones that have already occurred....

3 comments:

sassley said...

Glad that your back. It's always fun to see what the Utah Woellhaf's are up to. It sounds like your going to have a great summer vacation. Hang in there until GM gets back from NY.

Romi said...

Thanks Sassley :/

Allison said...

I agree, I love everything about summer! And it's 10 times better with kids and all their fun activities!!

Footer