Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

Spring Break started last Thursday for my kids so we started out the weekend with a sleepover. (My sis and her husband had stake temple night so we paid them back some of our babysitting debt).

MC often plays under our countertop height kitchen table. This evening she and her cousin were playing under there but they got shy and ran upstairs anytime they felt anybody watching them. So I offered to make a fort out of the table and sheets so that they could play undisturbed. :P They were all over that idea. Well, just as I finished with their fort and start walking up the stairs, the boys, BR and his cousin, walked over, took one look at the girls' fort and said in unison, "No fair!!" They then came and asked me if they could have a fort too. Well...okay. :) (Forts were one of my favorite things when I was a kid....and apparently I'm still a sucker for them). :P

I started to build the boys a fort in the living room but it wasn't so easy (no pre-maid support structure like a table over which I can drape sheets). I went out to the loft to grab some string and more blankets and then started constructing. GM finished his homework shortly after I got the string so he came down and helped me. It ended up taking up our whole living room. (We had to include the TV in it so they could still watch their movie (The Seeker) and play the Wii. They wanted to sleep in the forts (all except my niece that's BR's age, she was happy to have a bedroom all to herself) :). They also wanted to stay up late playing the Wii. In the end MC went to sleep before anybody (probably around 11 or 11:30. She went to her table fort and fell fast asleep before anybody knew it. At this point, her little cousin decided she wanted to sleep in the big fort with the boys so she went and lay down in there waiting for them to get tired too. At 12:30 I called lights out so they all went to bed.

The next morning the house was quiet and peaceful till almost eleven o’clock!! MC woke up just before ten when my visiting teachers came. I chatted with them on the porch so the rest wouldn’t be disturbed. (I was shocked that they slept so late, usually when they have late sleepovers their back up again at the crack of dawn!)

The kids played in the forts all day and then we went over to dinner and a movie at my sister’s house. (We left her kids there this time) :P.

When we got home BR and MC asked if they could sleep in the forts again. We said they could with the condition that they help clean them all up in the morning. After a lazy morning of reading and playing in the forts, we finally cleaned them all up.

2 comments:

Serin said...

That is one fancy fort! I should get more creative when the boys want to make a fort. :p And, of course, I loved the sleeping pictures. ;)

Justin and Diana said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What a good mommy!

Footer