Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arizona 2008- Leaving on a Jet Plane!!

Tuesday, February 26

We got up early and returned GM's manwagon

then headed to PHX airport.

GM went to check us in and get boarding passes, while I stood in a separate line to use some travel vouchers we had to purchase our plane tickets for the E Family Reunion in July (short line, we knew which flights...should be no problem...right??). HA! After much time and much confusion, the guy finally figured out how to apply the vouchers and gave us our tickets. We ran to the security line (which naturally turned out to be VERY long) and waded through that…making it to our gate just in time for final boarding. Whew.

This time BR and I sat together one row ahead of MC and GM so it was nicer than the first flight, in that way…except that we’d booked window seats for both of our kids and BR got his, but there was a lady in MC’s (who apparently decided she didn’t want her aisle seat and without any apology or explanation took poor MC’s seat…however she did offer to allow MC to lean over her to peak at the Grand Canyon as we flew over it…how gracious!) :P

Grandpa J was at the airport to pick us up

and he and GM tried to play their game of not seeing each other...

but it was pretty funny because when both parties are so busy not seeing each other, they don’t see the other person not seeing them. LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know... That picture of Rob makes him look a little like an international terriost. LOL! Like the goatee!!

paws said...

Why didn't you make that lady move?

Justin and Diana said...

No kidding Peggy. I would have told her off and then I would have been pushing that button to get the stewardess over there to physically remove her if necessary. I guess you are nicer than me...I guess that isn't a newsflash now is it.

Romi said...

Amy- If you think he looks like a terrorist there, you should see his CC Permit!!

Peg- I guess Rob and I are either too shy or too non-confrontational. I was a little bewildered by her complete nonchalance about the whole thing.

Paula said...

Maybe she was having a "senior moment" and didn't realize she was in the wrong seat!

Romi said...

Yeah, maybe so. I never thought of that. :P

Romi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Footer