While MC and I were working together she told me about this boy, "Jet" that she heard likes her (who's in another class). She says that a friend told her that another friend has a note from him to give to her. She says she wasn't sure if they were serious or just trying to make her feel good by saying that. :) I asked her questions and agreed with her that she'd have to wait and see what came of it and thought about how kids will talk to you better when they're teenagers if they feel like they can talk to you when they are young. After we talked for a while and she went through all her thoughts and feelings on the matter she said she thought I might be mad that somebody loved her. I asked her why she thought this and helped her to know that there was no need to worry about that. Then she said, "Well, I thought that DAD might be mad about somebody loving me." (Poor girl doesn't think she can be loved :P I joked with her about this a bit and, in so many words, she helped me understand the distinction between "like" which you do with your friends, and "love" which you do with boyfriends.) LOL
I decided to open the subject up at dinner time so that she would know that her daddy was okay with her being "loved" as well. However, knowing that her daddy would have different thoughts about this and be protective of his little girl, I began, "MC wants to tell you about a boy that likes her" and then I gave him a significant look. It was too late. He groaned and said, "Not already!" MC hid her head so I plowed ahead helping her share her story in a light hearted way so she could feel at ease. She perked up a bit, despite the inarticulate grumblings of Daddy. I told her that I had a crush on a boy when I was little like her and that my friends all made fun of me for it then I asked her if she has a crush on any boys. She smiled and said she has a crush on a boy named Lincoln who's in another class. ML seemed to take a little comfort in this fact and asked if she plays with him at recess. She said she and her friends chased him once but he said he'd tell the teacher if they did that anymore. :( Ahhh.
Poor ML, I guess it's hard for Dad's to let their little girls grow up (especially in the boy area). :)
4 comments:
Awww, that's cute! To be able to go back to the days when chasing boys meant you liked them. lol You should've prepped YL beforehand. ;)
I loved how she said that she was nervous to tell you she was loved by someone else. That is pretty cute!! Tell Rob that right now it's just silly puppy love. No worries. It's good to start those lines of communication now. This is just the beginning. I am sure she will love and be loved many times in the years to come.
Rob, Way to crush your poor little girl's heart and after she had to be so brave to tell you in the first place. Also, how come you didn't know what the "significant look" meant? What a cruel person you are!
romi, next time you may want to define the "significant look" ahead of time. We men don't do hints, not even obvious hints.
That's cute. I remember those days, when your friends tell you who you "like" and then you start going out and that means you never ever talk to the person again and avoid them at all costs.
Post a Comment