Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Angels attending once again

Yesterday morning ML decided to drive MC to school for me because BR is home sick and we weren't sure how the roads were so we figured that way he could take the Passport and have the vehicle with the good tires and 4-wheel drive in case it got bad. On the way to school one of the tires on the Passport blew out and completely destroyed it. He had to stop on Bangerter Highway and put on the spare tire out in the snow and wind and muck!! He and MC are very blessed that they didn't have any further incident/accident than that!! The angels took good care of them!!

I've never had a blow-out before, but it's happened to two of my cars when I should have been driving them. Once on my Accord when my dad had it and this time with ML. I'm not really sure how I would respond to a blow-out, but the idea really freaks me out, and I'm afraid I would freak out and swerve and roll the car. So I think that maybe the angels were attending us in helping ML to decide to drive that car/to the school yesterday instead of me because he has a lot more skill and presence of mind in driving than I do! (And I have no idea how to change the tire on that car either.) I know it wasn't fun for ML, and I'm glad that they are okay, but I'm also glad I didn't have to face that challenge yesterday!!

When ML got back from the tire store (the tires were purchased in November!!) he said kudos to me for getting the warranty on them because they replaced it for free. I don't remember getting any warranty. So, either I'm losing my mind, or they sold it to me without my knowledge. I choose to think the latter is true. :P Mostly because I usually don’t look at receipts and I just take people at their word. I asked what they recommend for good tires and said “okay, I'll take that”...they saw me coming from a mile away....I guess this time it's a good thing. :P

6 comments:

Serin said...

Yikes! I'm glad you didn't have to deal with that. And just smile and nod when he praises you for getting the warranty. ;)

Romi said...

Yeah, yay for me. :)

paws said...

I had a blow out on the Saturn once and it wasn't a big deal. I didn't lose control or anything. It was a bit inconvenient, though.

Serin said...

Come to think of it, I had a blow out in the Shrine Mobile also. It was when I lived in Pueblo and I was driving back from Denver. I had to pull over at the top of a big hill on the highway and a nice guy and his (must have been boy scout) sons pulled over and changed my tire for me. I think they were angels in disguise.

sassley said...

I have never had a blow out but whenever our cars break down I am always the one driving. Once I was in the Walmart parking lot and the battery light came on and the car just stopped. I pulled over and tried for like 30 minutes to get it started. Wayne and the boys were at a father son campout and they had to come rescue me. Well lo and behold Wayne got in the car and it started right up.UGH!! This has happened more than once to me and I am starting to think that my cars don't like me :( I'm glad you avoided the blow out. Poor Rob:(

Romi said...

Paws- I'm glad to know it's not so bad...I guess it's one of those phobias that have no grounds.

Sassley- That happens to me too!! With Rob and with the mechanic!! It won't start until the minute they try and voila! there's no problem at all! Yeah, poor Rob. He's had back problems ever since. :(

Footer