Monday, December 31, 2007

Making Progress

Thanks to all of you who gave me advice for our birth parent letter. It gave me the inspiration I needed to get it rolling! Yesterday ML and I sat down and wrote down some thoughts and ideas which provided a rough outline for the letter. BR and MC got in the spirit and threw out tidbits of their feelings about adopting a new baby. They are excited. (But BR is mostly only excited if it turns out to be a boy :P). MC even wrote down some of her thoughts on paper in her cute phonetic way of spelling things. :) She brought me a paper while ML and I were brainstorming yesterday that said, "I love babys bckes thay are sow kot. I like to play with my flamly eveday evin the dedy" Cute huh? (Translation in case some of it isn't obvious: I love babies because they are so cute. I like to play with my family everyday even the baby. ).

And then as I sat down to write the letter today Ben wrote his own letter to the baby. This is what it said:

"Dear Baby,
I would love you as a new brother [or sister] to play with. (I could use an extra set of hands) I would like [you] to play the wii with me and help me with shoveling the snow. I mean to have fun with [you]. I wonder what your birthday is. I could share my Legoes when you are 10 years old (like on 2007 for me). If you like one kind of lego product tell me what it is, okay.
Your brother,
Ben."

(I had to ask BR if we could add "or sister" into his letter and he was game as long as he didn't have to do it himself.) lol

And MC brought me a drawing of our family with the baby titled, "On that day I love the bady (baby), the dady wil hvv a famly (the baby will have a family)". Precious huh?

So, any of you who are interested in giving me feedback on our letter let me know and I'll email you a copy. (I'm too shy to post it for all to read...but not too shy to post my children's letters) ;)

4 comments:

Justin and Diana said...

That is sooooo precious! That is priceless. I would love to see your letter!

paws said...

I would love to see it too.

Serin said...

Those letters are SO cute! I want an email ;)

Paula said...

Add me to your list - we miss you!

Footer